
















Over the past 14 weeks I have learned a lot not only about photography, but also about myself. Concepts pushed me to be more aggressive with my camera, in other words has made me almost fearless to go up to strangers. Its an amazing thing when just by having a camera it can open up the doors into learning and sharing an experience with someone you wouldn’t normally confront. These opportunities to put myself into someone else’s world, even if it’s just for a few minutes, makes me feel very lucky. A time I won’t forget was when I stumbled upon the old street vender selling watches downtown on a gloomy day. When I saw him, I knew I wanted to take his picture, but as I walked by he just seemed like a grumpy old man that didn’t want to be photographed. So I kept walking. On my way back, I knew I just had to ask. As soon as I asked if I could take his portrait, he immediately got up out his chair and hugged me. I was confused at first because it was so abrupt, but as soon as he sat back down he didn’t say much but just had the biggest smile on his face that said it all. Right then I knew that I had made his day by asking for his portrait. Instances like this I will never forget. After that, confronting people have just become easier and easier because I have nothing to lose, and in most cases gain the unexpected. Making each time unique. Most I will never see again, but there are a few I run into time to time. Without my camera I wouldn’t have been able to have these experiences and by having by their portrait, I will always be able to cherish it.